kitty companiona

kitty companiona

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Day at Work

Welcome to the sewing shop at Grant Street Woolworks!

Linda and I had been working on our World War 1 uniform orders, but decided to take a break and do some rug work. Linda is almost finished with her patriotic rug that she is making for her husband. Only the whipping of the edge yet to go! After getting all the hooking done, we decided the white in the eagle and the flag was too bright so had to do some spot grunging with a tea bag. Now it is appropriately old looking.
I am happily watching her work and giving unnecessary advice. LOL!!! I'll post a picture of the finished rug in my next entry.
This week had been very slow. I need an exciting new project to get me motivated. Just can't decide which rug pattern to do next.

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! I wish i worked with you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure glad I'm sitting down. WAY TO GO LINDA!!! I can't wait to see it in person. I'm SURE it will be ALL finished WITH a label by next Thursday when I come to hook. Really looks nice!
    Pat you need to pick another pattern soon so your new frame doesn't get lonely..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!