kitty companiona

kitty companiona

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rain...and MORE RAIN!!!

Yesterday we drove to Carlisle to Joann Fabrics and several other places...in the rain! I've always wanted to get a picture of this old spring house way out on the far end of Spring Garden Street. Would rather have done it on a nice sunny day, but nooooo! Had to rain!!! It was a nice trip any how.

When I had been at Mannings last week, I tried to get a new drive band for my spinning wheel, but they were backordered. Two days later I get the phone call that they have arrived. Another trip to Mannings! As we passed the farm where you turn for their shop I saw these creatures. Now this is a test for Kathy! What are they??? I'll give you a few clues. They are NOT 'bulls'! Though the black one with the long neck may be the Loc Ness monster. OK, Kathy, what do you think??? LOL!

Here is the spinning wheel with it's new drive band on and ready to go. Now to find time to do some spinning. Our Fiber Guild is participating in a solstice festival on Saturday in Shippensburg at the township park on Britton Road. If the weather is decent, I may join them. The summer solstice is something I usually don't like to celebrate because it means that already the days will begin to get shorter. As a person who is highly affected by seasonal depression and lack of sunlight, even the thought of shorter days is upsetting, even though winter is a loooong way off!

Or I may take my Santa piece if I decide to go. He's coming along nicely. I haven't decided yet on a background color. Tomorrow Linda and I will be taking the dying workshop with Doris. That should give me some ideas on what will be most effective. Better take my color wheel!


Now I just can't let Joanne have all the kitty fun! Since the outdoors is so uncooperative for photography, I have had to do it indoors. This is Robbie. Linda says Robbie is an imaginary cat because when she comes to visit he is nowhere to be found! Isn't it amazing how realistically cut and paste works! LOL!


This is Robbie's sister Sophie. She is real, Linda has seen her! She's laying on the official 'scratching chair'. Check the chair legs!!! She is Zip's little darling! He says sweeter things to her than he does to me. Maybe because she puts up with his guitar playing better than I do. hehehe!


And here she is with Mommy at the cumputer. First she lays on the mouse hand.

Then she lays on the keyboard. I think she loves Mommy just as much as Daddy! Is this why I never seem to get anything done???


I better get to work around here. My vacation is almost over. Boo-hoo!
Have a great Father's Day weekend, everyone!

11 comments:

  1. thnx for the wonderful pics i need to learn to put pics on that will be my goal this week!! i loved the cat so happy and content!! miss you and hope to see you soon!! p.s. santa is coming along to good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. you need to get on facebook its really easy just follow directions and you will be signed up before you know it!! you can keep better tabs on jill and i there!!!LOL!!!! tell linda to sign up too, its way different then blogging and i think linda would like it a lot better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat your real and imaginary kids are gorgeous - love Robbie's mug in that photo! Oh too funny about a test for Kathy - can't wait to hear her answers! She's probably googling farm animals right now! LOL! Sounds like you had a wonderful time off and still have some nice things planned upcoming! Oh - Jonesy must like Robbie and Sophie too - he jumped on the laptop and put his paw on Robbie's picture! He's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sophie looks alot like dora, same build expresion etc.... except dora had more orange and black on her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, if Dora had come to my house, I would not have been able to resist! I don't know why but I just love those little calico girls! They are my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, ok, ok, I'm sooo glad I gave you ALL a good laugh at my bull story. I too am still giggling at myself.
    And I don't think I need google for this one Joanne! Ok, I think we have some llama's and some goats there. Am I correct? Do I win a prize? A piece of wool from Linda's shop lol? Although I have to say that I don't remember seeing a goat with those kinds of horns. Wanted to say ram, but I knew that was wrong, the horns are curly. Sooo glad we aren't allowed livestock where I live. Can you imagine what I'd keep here? Not knowing what I have? Feeding them the wrong food for thinking they were one creature when they were another? Oh my! lol.
    Keep on laughing. It's healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness Kathy didn't say they were chickens! Then it would definitely have to be a "farm" intervention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Half right, Kathy! There are llamas, but the ones with horns are Jacob sheep. Guess that's good for half a piece of wool!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dangone it!!! I KNEW IT WAS JACOB SHEEP!!!! I JUST HAVEN"T BEEN ON BLOGS TO SEE IT SOONER!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll take the half piece LOL!! You guys are too funny. Can't say I've ever heard of a jacob sheep before. Now I've learned something new for the day. Glad she didn't ask me which were the llamas, and which were the sheep LOL.
    Joanne, now I knew it wasn't a chicken. Chickens are pink, have two really long legs and have a pouch. Geez, how silly do you really think I am??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so glad kathy knew it wasn't chickens - otherwise I might have to change my underwear! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Oh and I do find you very silly but that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!