More accurately, a deli tray of worms.
I do not like leftover worms!
My first instinct is to throw them out as soon as I a finish a rug. That would be wasting wool.
I do not like wasting wool.
When I designed my flower urn rug last week, I purposely put in those little circle flowers to use up worms.
I didn't do ANY color planning. I just took out random pieces of wool I wanted to get rid of and put them in a pile. What to take along to Grant Street today so I have plenty to work on?
The kitchen table before sorting and folding the wool. A MESS!
It was a beautiful day for driving to Chambersburg, cool breeze, sun shining, fluffy white clouds. Who would have guessed that the night before we had tornado warnings and severe thunderstorms and torrential rains?
I arrived about noon and there wasn't a lot of people there. Most of the hookers arrive later in the day, appropriate for Ladies of the Evening! So we had time to chat and check out each other's rugs.
Marian is hooking a commemorative rug for a family member's wedding. There was a lot of discussion about which textured wools would look best for the border.
Kathy has one horse finished and is starting on the red one.
Barb is working on a small colorful quilt.
This is Linda's rug. It's a large Jacobean style design in soft colors.
Linda also made these cute carrots (which I thought were ears of corn. LOL!) I can see them done in some of the textured wools to look like Indian corn for fall.
I really love this dog rug which was hooked by Nancee. I'm amazed with the color choices which make it look like an instant antique. I'm envious!!!
For once I didn't spend ALL my time talking. I worked on my rug and got a nice amount finished. Since I used so many colors in the flowers and the urn, finding a good shade and color for the background wasn't going to be easy.
Kathy pulled wool quarters off the shelves and we debated the pros and cons. I was hoping for three slightly different textures and shades of the same color. We tried gold but I thought it was too bright. Purple/lavender just didn't work. We finally settled on a sage green. My leaves and stems were already hooked and showed very dark. I thought the much lighter sage would have enough contrast to look OK.
When I got home and cut my strips, the stems and leaves blended into the sage background. YUCK!!!
Luckily I had bought some much-needed gold wool and used it to outline the foliage. I can live with that!
I want to welcome the new followers who have joined recently. I hope you enjoy what you see and read here. And a big Thank You, to all the regulars who put up with my foolish wanderings.
Please have a great weekend, everyone!
Good weather and Happy Hooking!!!