kitty companiona

kitty companiona

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Who Sews There?

Yesterday morning I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and went to work at the sewing machine.

Too many times lately, a sewing order that I've HAD to get done has interfered with my hooking social life!  I was determined to get this pair of pants done so I could go to the Cumberland Valley hookers meeting.

Deiter thought I was crazy.  Any self-respecting person should still be sleeping.


By 6:30 I had put in the last buttonhole.  Finished!  I even had time for an hour nap before getting ready to go.

When the sun came up I could see what a glorious day it was going to be.  It was warm and beautiful.  Just the kind of day that I would create if called upon to make the 'perfect day'.  Trees are in blossom everywhere.


We didn't have a large crowd at the meeting, but there was lots of chatting going on.  I'll just post pictures and not make a lot of comments.






I have to comment here!  Karin looks like she just heard some shocking gossip!  Did I miss something juicy???







I took my rug and my wool, and my cutter and frame.  Dragged all that heavy stuff in and never pulled a loop!  I hadn't talked to some of these ladies for several months so there was lots to catch up on.

For those of you who did not attend yesterday, we are trying to get the word out that the meeting will be a week early next month due to Memorial Day.  So please mark your calendars that we will meet on the 4th Monday instead of the last Monday.

I was tired when I got home so sent Zip off to his evening music lessons by himself and I took some quiet time.  Well, kinda quiet.  The kitties were enjoying themselves sitting in the open windows checking the great outdoors.  They fought over windowsill space and clawed the screens.

Reggie finally won the battle of window space.  See how clawed the wood is on the windowsill from years of cats jumping up.

I settled in for some knitting, but instead became a leg rest for the Big White One.

This morning I got up and tried to pull a few loops before seriously getting into the day.
Check the large white paw creeping into the picture!

Well, it was a THOUGHT!

 My Constant Companion!  I love that cat!!!
He's sitting with me now as I type my post.

Happy Day, everyone.  I hope the sun is shining and the air is warm!

13 comments:

  1. I'm sitting here laughing. You took all your stuff to a hook-in.....and you didn't pull a loop? Hahahah Chatty, chatty, chatty!
    But I'm glad you had a fun day......at the Talk-in LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Dieter is a cutie pie!!! Love your old Singer, wish I had one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat, 3.30a.m.? are you serious?
    Just love that Deiter. Your closeness reminds me so of my lovely old Kitty. I still can't even think of her without a tear in my eye. The black and white bunch are delightful but Kitty was my real buddy.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cats are so cute--Mr. Deiter is quite photogenic, isn't he??
    I LOVE the hooked bunnies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love that Deiter! From the pic with him smacking his head like "why are up awake at this hour?" to him totally stretched out on his back... I think he would tell funny stories if he could talk! Great pics from the hook-in! And yes, today was one of those "superbly wonderful bottle it up" kinda days! I played in the dirt... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posts always make me smile Pat. Gosh that Deiter is a character!!! I absolutely love those bunnies, did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I love Deiter! He is so cool. Is that what will happen this weekend when I go to the Camp Wool hook-in? I'll drag all my stuff and just mosey around looking at everyone else's stuff. Love it! I appreciate it when you all show what people are working on...it's all so different! That's what makes it so great.
    I had to laugh...I've been up at 2am working on my rug when I can't sleep!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love the bunnies and all the lovely rugs. I am going to a hook in and I am afraid the same thing may happen to me I haul it all in and and never pull a loop
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pat ~
    Up at 3:30 to sew. You are a better woman than I could ever be...lol! What a great old Singer! I bet she purrs when she stitches.
    Thanks for the rug show. I always love seeing what others are working on.
    GREAT pics of the furbabies.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh,I just love your kitties! You have been a busy girl. Great hook-in pics! SUE

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got up in the middle of the night to do some sewing so you could work on your hooking and didn't. Catching up with your friends is more important. You can always hook at home.

    Love to see those kitties helping you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Getting up that early, now THAT is determination! Good for you Pat! I'm sure it was nice catching up with everyone.
    I see a few loops pulled there, how is the #8 feeling? Hope it fills in quickly for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pat, hook-in is just another word for getting together with other hookers to chat. Getting up at 3:30 shows your very serious about going to your hook-in. Apparently you don't have to show Zip how much progress you made on your rug, lol...
    Your cats are so amusing. They are always seem to be ready to help you. They make your post so interesting.

    One of my barn cat had her kittens during the night and she has them well hidden but this evening when I went to feed the calves she kept mewing which is unusual for her. Then she brought me a dead kitten and she kept going around following me with it in her mouth until my husband took it away from her, then she just came and laid beside me. She just didn't know what to do with it.

    Have a great Wednesday. JB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!