kitty companiona

kitty companiona

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Kitty Kraziness

Reggie is our little clown.  What else to expect from a teenage boy.
At the age of two-and-a-half, he's still a kid in every way.  His whole life is getting into trouble and playing and sleeping his day away.  I've found that with cats, like humans, the males do not mature as fast. 

He loves to play in the bathtub, usually with one of the pull tab rings off the top of a milk container.  He can practically twist himself into a pretzel.


Look at those wild eyes!

He loves to chase the girls.  Fortunately Isabel can hold her own and doesn't take any foolishness.  Penny, who is showing fewer signs of settling into sensible adulthood, is right there finding mischief along with him.

Do you see the light spot right in the middle of Zip's guitar case?  Reggie is in there waiting to hop out and surprise Deiter.


With all of his craziness, he is a sweet kitty who will once in a while settle down and sit quietly with us while we watch tv.  I love the older more sedate cats, but it's fun to have a few wild young ones around too.

The lovely Isabel has grown into a delightful companion for when I'm knitting or sewing.  She just likes to be quietly close.

 
All she needs is a nice little piece of fabric to lay on and some gentle conversation.


This past week Weis market had beautiful large heads of cauliflower on sale for $1 each.  Horay!!!
We bought eight of these beauties for saving in the freezer.


I cooked one for eating now.  They are some of the best I've ever tasted.  Thanks, Weis Market!

A gardening friend of Zip's offered us some sweet potatoes so I baked them and they went in the freezer also.  We are getting a nice collection of fruits and veggies to eat this winter.

I'm still religiously following the Weight Watchers plan.  After two months, I've lost twenty five pounds (a mere drop in the bucked!).  I'm trying to cut out all processed foods.  It means a lot more cooking for me, but I think it will be worth the effort.

One of my favorite breakfasts!  Flour tortilla stuffed with a slice of low fat cheese, egg beaters, spinach and pico de gallo.  Fruit on the side.


Pico de Gallo

3 large tomatoes
1/2 med mild onion
cilantro
salt
lime juice
sugar

Finely chop onion.  Seed and chop tomato. 
I let the tomato drain in a colander a while so the pico is not so watery.
Put onion and tomato in a bowl, add chopped cilantro to taste, salt and about 2 T. lime juice and a pinch of sugar.

Great with chips and as a relish on sandwiches and tacos.


I started a sweater after much debating and procrastinating.  So many patterns I want to try and can't decide what to do first.  I am making a top down v-neck pullover with a lace pattern from below the bust down to the hem.  I forgot to take a picture of the pattern so will show that the next time.


It's a sport weight yarn.  Knitting is going slowly.

Time to get to the kitchen for a cup of tea to warm me up.  Its a chilly fall day here.
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. the kitty antics are just too cute!
    so proud of you for the loss, you are doing fabulous! I need to follow your lead! the recipe sounds great, thanks so much for letting us hear from you! love the color of yarn you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cat shots ...I agree males seem to stay kittens longer. Congratulations on your weight loss ... thats a lot in only 2 months ....I just cant get my head in the right place and I so need to. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat, it's so nice visiting with you again and I'm so proud of you sticking to your WW's diet. How wonderful that you lost all that weight. Congratulations... Your food presentation is so professional. It looks so yummy, my mouth is salivating.

    I'm glad that your kitties are keeping you entertained with their antics and personalities. Never a dull moment with them around. Just think how boring it would be without them. They all look so beautiful and healthy. I have a barnful of kitties and they all run in front of my feet when I come in and I can barely move without almost stepping on them.

    I love, love that shade of green. I haven't knitted in a long time but it's getting cold and I should knit another pair of wool gloves to work in the barn. My hands gets so cold working in the barn in the winter.

    I've started hooking a wee bit on my poor neglected Childhood Memories rug. Yard work is taking precedent over hooking because I have to dig up some overgrown weedy flowerbeds and divide my perennials before it gets too cold. The rain isn't helping me one bit.

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice buy on those cauliflowers, wow. JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat
    I can't believe you've stuck to that diet and lost all that weight.
    How are you doing it?
    I lost a bit and then when I weighed in had put it back on again. lol
    I'm jealous (in the nicest way of course)
    Have you got clothes waiting for you to get in to?
    If you can keep it up it will pay dividends I'm sure.
    Love the kitty pics.
    Hugs
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat, I'm so proud of you! 25 pounds is a great accomplishment. Just think, you can soon go buy a whole new wardrobe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reggie looks like a really cool cat! I bet he's real happy the weather is cooler so he can play more! Your breakfast looks yummy too! I remember when I followed the WW plan... when I ate fresh prepared foods I always lost weight and had energy, then when I got lazy and ate WW and LC frozen entrees I was always hungry and lost nothing (even though both were within the points range)... Hurray and BIG HUGS for losing 25 lbs!!! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true about the frozen entrees! Why???
      It must be that long list of unpronouncable ingredients that are not in real food. WW takes a lot of time (and shopping) to make the fresh foods, but it seems to be worth it.
      Thanks for the vote of confidence, everyone!

      Delete
  8. WOW Pat 25lbs is fantastic, you must feel great!!!!

    Our kitties love to play in the bathtub also, I throw a ping ping ball in there and they have fun for hours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Harley is four and he's still a maniac! I love cuddling in my Mommeh's lap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat ~
    Good to hear from you and congrats on your WW success so far!!!
    Love all the furbaby pics.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!