kitty companiona

kitty companiona

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pictures From Sunday's Hook-in at Joan's

Here are the pictures I said would be posted later.  But if you want BETTER pictures and a more detailed post on Joan's fabulous hook-in, go to Kathy's blog, Rugs of Mine...in Time which can be accessed from my blog list.  She did a great job recording the festivities!

Joan and her husband have a flyfishing camp along a nice little trout stream in Adams County, PA.  It's a lovely wooded setting at the foot of the mountains in orchard country.  The hook-in was held in the clubhouse, with the rugs being displayed in the bedroom area.

There were large rugs-
Joan did this one.

Joan did the geometric at the top of the picture.


Isn't this a beauty?

Lots of small  mats-

 

And everything in between-


That's Kathy's rug with the house and the large bird.

I don't know who hooked the gorilla, but it is superb shading!

On Monday I went to the hook-in at the Falling Spring Presbyterian Church in Chambersburg, the Cumberland Valley Rughookers.  Yes!  Two hook-ins in a row!!!

I didn't do much hooking, mostly talking.  I didn't get the camera out until it was too late and half the ladies had gone.  I did get a picture of Joyce's finished cat pillow.  This is her grand-cat and the pillow is a gift for her daughter.

 I am still working on my hook, hand and heart logo.  I know!  It's a small piece in a wide cut and it's STILL NOT FINISHED!

I have been knitting in the evenings, working on a shrug style sweater vest.  My hands have not been entirely idle!



3 comments:

  1. Pat your rug pictures are just lovely and I always enjoy your blog. I can only imagine all the fun and camaraderie you all enjoy at these hook-in. I'm envious.

    One question: How do you get a photo to appear on your MY BLOG LIST ?
    It's rather neat. Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rug show Pat - thanks! Knitting? How the kids taking that ball of yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the pic's Pat! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!