kitty companiona

kitty companiona

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rugs and Vegetables...Oh! and cats

Anyone who lives in the northeast and even further west, I guess, knows this has been the hottest summer since who knows when.  I haven't felt like blogging, hooking or sewing.  Unfortunately, the sewing gods started to throw thunderbolts at me this week!  All the orders needed to be done at once!!!  But this afternoon I finished the last of them and now here I sit, happily at the keyboard.

On Monday I did take the time to spend a few hours with the Cumberland Valley hookers who meet in the Falling Spring Presbyterian Church in Chambersburg.  There is a lovely old graveyard behind the church.  It was so cool, green and peaceful looking.  A lovely resting place!

We only had about a dozen ladies attending, a nice small friendly group.  I took pictures but didn't write down names.  So I am not sure who all the rugs belong to.  I'll tell what I remember!


Naomi was doing the pigs.  Isn't the little one cute looking up at it's mom?

I love this red, white and blue one Karin is working on!



 This rose rug is a kit, would you believe!  I wish I could remember who was working on it, but she has been hooking for a long time and said she has never done a shaded rose.  I think the kit was a Joan Moshimer design and a very high quality one.

Marian was working on a big acorn and Sandy was doing the checkerboard.

The lovely calico kitty lives with Joyce's daughter.  She is working from a photo of the cat.

And another adorable kitty piece, this one by Thelma.  What a cutie!!!

With the heat and dry weather, our garden is producing but slowly.  Our very small sweet corn patch yielded several meals of tasty corn.

The green beans are over.  Zip plans to plant another row tomorrow morning before it gets too hot.  The tomatoes are finally producing with great enthusiasm.  Why do they all ripen at once???  If anyone who lives nearby would like some, please let me know!


I just couldn't resist some kitty pictures taken during the heat wave.  Here is Deiter and Penny laying at the back pantry door on the cool concrete.



A cool breeze would be perfect.


Izzy.  It's hard to get a picture of her because she's always in motion.  And I thought she was going to be quiet and shy!!!


While I was sewing, the two little Siamese twins, joined at the tail, lay on the table behind the sewing machine and took a nap.




 And the green-eyed queen, my wonderful Tipper serenely watched it all.  The babies are so much fun and lots of entertainment, but when you want a conpanion to share the quiet times, there is nothing like an adult cat.  They have a way of calming your soul!



Tomorrow is the day we get to post our Forest Secrets rugs on Rug Hooking Daily.  I just can't wait to see what everyone has done!  I will be posting my pictures here in a few days.

I'm thinking about my next project. 
Happy Hooking!!!

6 comments:

  1. All the rugs are so very nice. The cat rugs are fascinating! It must be fun to hook a cat eye. Love the photos of your furry bunch! The way the calicos are laying is so cute! Those tomatoes look delish! We are still waiting for the first ripe one here. Good luck tomorrow with your challenge rug! I can't hardly wait to see what you've done! Maybe I'll see you a little past midnight! (wink wink)!
    Hugs!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pat - I'm a sucker for a kitten belly - They are all so adorable!

    Glad to see you blogging! love the rug picks! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the rugs are fabulous! I can almost smell that corn and those tomatoes! YUM! Kitties are so cute! Love the one where they are attached by the tail! LOL! In the 60's this morning here... nice to feel some cool air around... finally! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the Pics Pat. The kitties are adoable. I think Dieter is so handsome! I must visit Cumberland Valley hookers again soon. Their rugs look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting the rugs Pat, just wonderful! Miss seeing everyone, but looks like they are all keeping very busy with their hooking!
    Love the "siamese" shot lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, what fun to visit you and see some hooked rugs. It's been a long time since I've hooked...need to finish up 2 rugs. Perhaps this winter. Love the kitty photos...siamese twins, indeed! {grin}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!